Subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Istanbuldayim!

I arrived in Istanbul, safe and sound, despite what I imagined and even after I made out a mental will. I'm sorry Iberia Airlines, but I will never fly with you again. It was like the third world of airplanes. 

We didn't have our own tv. We had to pay for booze. Pay. Money. And we didn't have our own tv! Come on. I must say, however, that it was mildly flattering the way you all assumed I was Spanish, but the eyerolls after I couldn't understand you were unexpected. Who are you? French? 
I arrived in Istanbul, rushed to the visa line (make me a Turkish citizen already!!) and when I looked over at the passport control line, my heart sank. It was SO long. Then I spotted my father. "Go all the way over to the right," he said. I'm thinking I was going to go through the Turkish passport line, which I sometimes do, but ohh no. I went through the line designated for soldiers and the handicapped. I shouldn't even call it a line because there wasn't one. Amazing. I guess my dad has a certain charm that I was unaware of. 
Overall, so far the trip has been great. As usual. I guess that is in large part to starting the vacation like this:

1 comment: