Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Graduated College, Now What?

Let me start off by saying that I haven't blogged in a while because, well, I was busy graduating from college. I also had to deal with some slight depression-like feelings of being old. What am I supposed to do with my life now? Why can't I come up with an answer to the common interview question, "where do you see yourself in five years?" Will I be married? Will I be living in D.C.? Will I be living in this country? Will I even have a job? I now have the ability to delay answering these questions for another year, because I was accepted into the CICS program at Ball State University. I was also offered a graduate assistantship at the Art Museum, where I will be putting my journalism degree to good use. Having a master's degree, though, is something that has never entered my mind before, and now it's happening. I guess Forrest Gump was wise when he said, "Life is like a bunch of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." 
 
- This is a picture of my mother and me at my college ceremony, taken right after I got my "degree". It was an awesome ceremony, really. Dean Lavery was great as always, as was Professor Bremen. And the slideshow they played, along with the Redemption Song by Bob Marley, was fun to watch. I loved it! It was a perfect day! I will never forget any of the experiences I had with my graduating class, and I hope none of you do either! 
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment