Subscribe in a reader

Friday, May 22, 2009

Taco Puffs!

I recently bought my first cookbook. Not really thinking I would ever open it's pages, I am surprised that it has become something that Kyle and I like doing together (cooking, I mean, not just opening it's pages.) So, last night we made Taco Puffs, and a salad that I didn't like, but Kyle loved. I'll share the Taco Puffs recipe because it's fun and fattening and, well, salads are boring.
So, all you need is this:
1 pound of ground beef (I used Turkey...just as good.) 
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 packet of taco seasoning (I used the mild seasoning. Kyle wasn't to happy about that)
8 cheddar cheese slices (It called for two slices per puff, but I put one, and that was plenty)
2 things of refrigerated large flaky biscuits (meaning you need 16 biscuits) 
That's all you need! I actually LOVED it because it doesn't need salt or pepper, which is nice because I forget to add those ingredients when I cook. Oops. 
--Cook the beef, aka turkey, with the chopped onion until there is no more pinkage. Pink meat is bad meat. Drain. Add the packet of seasoning, and follow the directions on the back of the packet. 
--Take half the biscuits and flatten them out to about 4 in circles. Equally spread the meat across the 8 biscuits. Put a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the meat. (Kyle tore of the cheese a little so that it wasn't going over the edge of the biscuit. But you could also you shredded cheddar.) Now, flatten out the other 8 biscuits and place them on top of the ones with the meat. Pinch the edges together to make sure there are no openings. 
--Put the biscuits in a greased 1in deep pan, and bake for NO LONGER than 15 minutes at 400 degrees. (I put "NO LONGER" in all caps for a reason.)

Now you have a delicious dinner that is sure to take care of lunch tomorrow, and maybe even dinner the next night. I ate about half of one, and I was full. You can see in the picture how big they get...and that's about 3/4s of it. Kyle and I had them with the bean salad, chips and salsa and margaritas! Mmm! 
 

1 comment: