Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays

So, I'm 23 now. Have been since Friday. On a scale of one to 23 (because all my birthdays have to go somewhere), I would rate this birthday as number 23. To be fair, it'd be safe to say I don't remember about half my birthdays. Not because I was too drunk, but because I was too young. Ok, so I don't remember much of my 21st, but who does? Maybe I just think birthdays are a bigger deal than they actually are. Don't worry, I'm not going to start ranting about how becoming a Jehovah's Witness sounds like a good idea. No offense, to all the Jehovah's Witnesses that follow my blog. Maybe it wasn't a totally awesome birthday because it was on the 13th! Friday the 13th. What a day to celebrate the birth of yourself. Maybe it wasn't totally awesome because I spent five hours on a bus leaving DC (and you all know how much I love DC) and going to New York (which is a cool place). I made my final decision while I was there, that I could never live in NYC and really be happy. Maybe it wasn't totally awesome because Kyle was more interested in meeting up with his friends, than enjoying things like Times Square and Fifth Ave with me, which made me feel very alone and lonely in a city of about 8 million people. But, wah wah boo hoo.
It was a totally awesome birthday because I got to spend the previous night (Thursday) out in DC with a very good friend, and Kyle. (Even though I lost my cell phone...briefly.) It was totally awesome because I got a lot of facebook messages, text messages and phone calls. (Thanks!) It was totally awesome because I found out that my uncle and his wife, aka my aunt, are coming to visit in May. It was also totally awesome because I was out in NYC with a lot of fun people. (I know, I'm a hypocrite) The next day (Saturday) was totally awesome because we went to the Met and there was an amazing photography exhibit. (Even though I lost my chain from Tiffany's...THE Tiffany's somewhere around there.) I also went to an art gallery opening! I recommend not going to New York unless you have one of those lined up. Saturday night was totally awesome because I went to a bar that had a foosball table, and beat everyone with a really nice guy named Will. Actually, I met a lot of pretty cool people. After shopping in Soho, I met Kyle and his peeps at a coffee shop. I felt like I was walking in on a Brooklyn version of "Friends". Kyle, a cute girl named Emily, Adam (Kyle's friend), Will (my foosball buddy) and his super skinny, frighteningly adorable girlfriend, Rachel and me. Three girls, three boys. Emily would be the Monica in that situation because she mentioned more than necessary how much she liked cleaning. Rachel would be Rachel because, well, her name is Rachel. So, I guess that means I'm the Phoebe. Damnit. Ohhh, but Kyle would definitely be the Ross. Such is life. Sometimes birthdays suck, and sometimes they don't suck. Here's to hoping 24 will be completely totally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment