Subscribe in a reader

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Best Part Is...

There were a number of topics I wanted to write about today, but there was one story I read that caught my attention the most. Sure, a Turkish anchorman painted his face black while reporting on Obama. Of course, the pirates of Somalia are at it again. Naturally, Iran is accusing a journalist of spying. But Hugh Jackman's heartbreak* over the leak of his new movie, X-Men Origins?! What is the world coming to? {Insert sarcasm here} "Who cares?" That's what I always say. No need for tears, Hughey. "Your" movie will still be a big hit, and all those illegal-unfinished-version watchers will still pay the outrageous movie ticket price to see the real thing on the big screen. Me? I'll probably wait until I can illegally watch the finished version on one of those awesome Asian sites. But seriously...

The best part is at the end of the article. "A journalist for Fox News was dismissed earlier this week for posting a review of X-Men Origins based on a viewing of the illegal download," the BBC reports. Ha! I imagine this "established" journalist sitting at his computer, watching this video and thinking that he hit the jackpot. "Oh boy! I am going to post a review before anyone else," perhaps he said out loud to himself. "My boss is going to praise me for this! Fox News rocks!" Nice try, buddy. Good luck with the job hunt. 


* You will find that I most often will send you off to the BBC, as I prefer it over CNN. If this offends you in any way, you can read a similar story on CNN here.

No comments:

Post a Comment